As I’ve said before, moving is a bitch for me. My Scorpio/Cancer dynamic makes relocating problematic, and it takes me a while to settle in. But my internet is set up, and I have some free time, so I shall be posting.
I’m in a recuperative mode. My current situation is one which will enable me to get back on my feet, recover from some losses, and make some progress towards where I want to be.
So I have set some goals.
1) Money. Grad school was not cheap. My degree did not suit me for a career. I owe. Many posts on money magic are sure to follow.
2) Write. This includes blogging for fun and profit — I have found a means that may enable me to earn income from blog posts. But it also means devoting time to something I had not worked on for a long while — writing fiction. I have been something of an “armchair author,” and I hope to have at least some short stories published by this time next year.
3) Exercise. I’m not a spring chicken anymore, and I’m getting pudgy. I need to lose some weight and tone up. I’ve never really been hot or studly, and I think I’d like to be for at least a little while before I hit 40. If my other plans go well, this will include martial arts training.
4) Music. A few years ago, I bought a guitar. I still have not learned to play it. This shall change.
5) Networking. I am in a position to get involved in the local community, especially in the local pagan community. I already have some good contacts — I just need to get involved. We’ll see what kind of attention I can attract ….
6) Magic. I have the opportunity to refocus on my personal practice. I also have a lot of new projects I want to work on, some of which are much more “heavy duty” than I am used to (at least on a regular basis).
All of these will involve magical work and support, and depending on the level of success or epic-ness of failure should provide fodder for commentary and blog posts.
May Mercury and Apollo favor me.